Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My only hockey post of the year

There are two kinds of luck, as I like to say. And as the shit kind would have it, I'm sitting in Detroit airport waiting for a connecting flight to somewhere less suicidal.

Game 6 of the NHL finals is tonight, so instead of the usual fat chicks mulling around, they're wearing Chris Osgood jerseys. I've already heard the bartender's "we lost game 5 so I drank vodka instead of beer" story six times. Too bad he didn't mix it with razor blades.

The Red Wings will probably win the cup, but I doubt it lifts the fog that hangs over this bombed out city. If I could find a semiautomatic and a Sidney Crosby jersey, I'd put them all out of their misery.

NHL hockey. Keeps people from killing themselves!

Oh, the news is reporting that Hillary is dropping out of the race this week. Is that really happening or is the overwhelming grayness here draining the news of hope? Does Detroit only get CNN Sad?

No comments: