Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tony Romo better be f'in the f out of Jessica Simpson (Recap, Week 3)

I lost the Week 3 picks. I went 10-6 and Hernandez went 11-5. The guy is amazing at picking the ponies. He could quit his second job as a busker juggling Hostess treats if he'd just bet on his games. Hernandez is now 32-15, and destined like Icarus for greatness. I'm a humble 27-20.

I was out of town this weekend and went to great lengths not to hear or read about the outcomes of the games. I'm in an office pool and stand to win $75-$100 every week if I outpick 160 people. At that point, I find drama and heartbreak in every outcome. It's that personal investment that amps it up.

I think this is why Cowboys fans are going to have their hearts torn out. The Cowboys won their football game this week against the pretty-damn-good Packers this week, 20-9, but Tony Romo is showing signs of wear from getting fucked in the wallet by tight-end girlfriend Jessica Simpson. On Sunday night's game, he continued to attack his job like a man who had just received a tex during the game, something like "O baby I luv when u put yr hands between my thighs and i yell 'hike' throw a td gorgeous i luv u ^^"

The Cowboys have beat two of the most promising teams in the NFC in their first two weeks (Packers and Eagles) but the warning signs are there. Don't be surprised if Tony Romo looks like Robert Evans by Week 13.

In other games, the Steelers lost the Red State-Blue State match to the Eagles 13-9. These are two of the top 10 teams in football, and this is the ugliest game I've seen in a long long time. The Patriots gave up without Tom Brady and choked badly, badly, badly to the Miami Dolphins who finished a couple places past last in 2007. I'm going to Boston on Sunday and may buy a mini tape recorder to guage reactions.

The Giants played an overtime thriller against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Giants were favored to stomp, but the Bengals pulled an incredible game out of their ass and the Giants *still* won. That's a sign of a pretty good team. But the Bengals definitely found out they can run to the outside against the Giants' weak defensive ends, and you can definitely throw to whoever Kevin Dockery is covering, who looked as good on the field as those khaki Dockers your aunt bought you in 2001 look on you.

No comments: