Monday, December 1, 2008

J-E-T-S DIE DIE DIE

"I'm thankful I'm not a Jets fan, because then I'd have to kill myself." - Hernandez

Fuck the fucking Jets in their ears in the car park of their fathers' houses. After they dismantled the undefeated Tennessee Titans on the road last week, media and fans were falling over themselves anointing them the best team in the AFC, and predicting a Subway Super Bowl with the Giants which makes no sense BECAUSE THEY PLAY IN THE SAME STADIUM IN NEW JERSEY.

Well, the Jets once again shit in their fans' beds by losing to a Broncos team who has. No. Defense. Whatsoever. What's worse is after watching another impressive Giants victory, I knew halfway through the first quarter of the Jets game that they weren't going to win.

The Jets actually possess the second best defense in the league against the run, and have a weak secondary. Even the announcers knew the Broncos would throw the ball 40-50 times during the game. Which Jay Cutler did, to the tune of 357 yards. The Jets can't stop the pass even when they know it's coming.

Oh yeah, they also gave up 122 yards rushing to some Denver running back I've never heard of.

Of course I'm bitter because I thought they could beat a worse Broncos team. Well, they didn't come close. After the Patriots embarrassing loss to the Steelers, they're still a favorite to make the playoffs, but in these trying economic times, I plan to bet my entire fortune against them.

To add insult to injury, on the Sunday night telecast of the Bears/Vikings game, Al Michaels and John Madden were discussing how good the Vikings would be if Brett Favre had gone to that team instead. This was *after* the loss. I kicked my cat a good 15-16 feet. (Note to cats: if you don't want to get kicked, you have to stop making hilarious noises when you do.)

Because NY is required to show a Jets game each Sunday and because Time Warner Cable doesn't offer the NFL package, I'm seriously considering leaving New York because of the Jets.

And to make me feel better, check out this video of one of the most embarrassing days in Jets history -- the Fake Spike game.

http://gofins0769.multiply.com/video/item/3/Dan_Marino_Fake_Spike_vs._Jets

OK - feeling a little better. Some fantasy basketball news, and really this is just for Hernandez. Why email him? I assume he reads his own site.

Now that Beef Wennington is nearly a cellar dweller, I've finally made a couple player changes, and you'll be surprised to hear that all the Knicks are still on the team. They've actually been doing quite well. No, Kyle Korver is a dud, and I brought in Steve Blake. I also dropped Tyrus Thomas for some dude named CJ from Utah. Check his stats for the last 10 games. I held onto Maxiell and Randolph bc we don't have many centers. Also Josh Smith should be back in the ;ineup on Wednesday.

Thanks for getting me into this, you pud.

No comments: