Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week 6 Recap

Not much to recap this week. Keith told me we tied, and I'm too lazy to double check.

More significantly, the Giants got their asses handed to them by Cleveland on Monday Night Football, a game Keith and I actually got to watch together for a change. Some good that did us or our livers.

It was probably a fluke, and I definitely didn't expect the champs to go undefeated, but I can't stand it when my team plays bad defense like they did Monday. Fuck, I'm a fan of the New York Giants - the team whose fans STARTED the "D-fense!" chant back in the day at Yankee Stadium. (You're welcome, every other sport.) Lord knows I ain't no fantasy football fag who only roots for yards, catches and TD's for the jerkoffs he drafted for his nerdy fake team. I root for REAL football, and performances like Monday's are unacceptable. Thankfully I think the Giants realize it too. Now it's time to get back to whupping some ass, starting with Frisco on Sunday.

And it's also time to get back to what I was doing, which is reading while keeping the ALCS on in the background. Unfortunately it's 7-0 Devil Rays - yeah, I said Devil Rays - so there's not much point in paying attention to the game.

Now hold on just a second... I took a short break from writing this post and now it's 7-7. Wild! Unlike real leagues such as the NHL, NFL and NBA, I really don't ever watch much of the baseball playoffs once my team is eliminated. But I admit I keep an eye on what's going on just in case something like tonight happens. I've paused the game at 7-7 in the top of the ninth and I'm going off to watch it now. There will be no recap from me because I don't care about baseball enough.

One last thing: I honestly don't care who wins the ALCS, just as long as they beat the Phillies in the World Series. Normally I'd root for long suffering, real sports fans to win something, but we're talking about Philadelphia, the taint of the Eastern seaboard. There's no doubt their fans are real, and long suffering. But there's also no doubt they're lowlife, nasty, cheapshotting whiners. Scum of the earth, really. And their teams usually take on the same character. So I hope they NEVER get a title in any sport. I'm completely serious about this.

Back with the Week 7 picks tomorrow.

No comments: